We offer a number of programs, events, and groups for adults. Click below to find out more about what we offer!
Tempe First UMC has an active fellowship group for couples and singles who are Baby Boomers (born between 1946 and 1964). They gather monthly for a variety of fun-filled activities. Newcomers are always welcome. For more information, please contact us.
United Methodist Men
The men’s fellowship at Tempe First UMC is a place for fun and friendship, a place to explore deeper questions of faith and life and build strong relationships with one another.
We meet every Tuesday morning, bright and early, at 6:30 a.m. for an hour of Bible study and conversation, breakfast, prayer and mutual support. Our Bible Study is highly interactive, a time for conversation, sharing and discussion about how we live our faith. Our focus is to grow in our life of faith and support each other in the difficult role of being men in today’s world with the multiple responsibilities and challenges we face in our work, our relationships, and Christian life.
Annually men of all ages gather in Prescott for a weekend full of laughter, song, and study.
United Methodist Women
About United Methodist Women…
UMW is for women of all ages and interests. We meet in small fellowship groups — morning, afternoon or evening — on a monthly basis for fun and programs. Our purpose is to know God and experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ, to develop a creative, supportive fellowship and to extend the concept of missions through participation in global ministries of the church. All UMW groups are open to all women. If you have any questions, please contact us.
UMW sponsors the following groups:
- Tears, Milk & Honey: a spiritual growth and study group for women that meets on Tuesdays at 10 a.m. in the church parlor;
- Naomi Circle: one of our UMW groups that offers spiritual support for women meeting in members’ homes on the second Tuesday of the month at 7:00 p.m.
- Stitch in Time: this needlecraft group meets on the third Wednesday of the month at 9:30 a.m. at members’ homes or at the church, depending on the nature of the sewing project; For more information on Stitch In Time, please visit our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/tempefirststitchintime
- Unity Circle: meets on the fourth Thursday of the month at 10 a.m. in the church parlor; and
- Dinner & Dialogue: a group for women unable to meet during the day that gathers on the third Tuesday of the month at 6:45 p.m. in members’ homes.
UMW also sponsors several activities throughout the year:
- The Merry Mixed-Up Fellowship for members of all the UMW groups meets monthly during June, July & August in Ross Hall.
- The Annual Cookie Walk, held on the second Saturday in Decmeber, is a cookie sale extravaganza to benefit local outreach ministries for women & children.
- The Four-Score & More Luncheon honors church members & friends who are 80 years old or older. It is held every February in Ross Hall.
- The Mother-Child Luncheon is our Mother’s Day event with great food, fun and entertainment.
Our UMW also offers receptions in Ross Hall for weddings and other occasions such as bereavement receptions, anniversaries and birthday parties for church members.